The most important thing i learnt in 2013.. somethings in life are inevitable.
What i lost in 2013.. more time off my lifespan.
What i gained in 2013.. somethings off my to-do list.
What i hope to accomplish in 2014.. some more things off my list.
Whats my resolution this year… Try to accomplish all other resolutions made so far.
Happy 2014 ❤
Small talk… the most pain inducing experience for an awkward introvert. If it were up to us, everybody would telepathically communicate and become familiar enough with anyone to the point where silence is no longer awkward or tense and everybody would go about their business without feeling the pressure to keep a lame conversation going. However, until that dream becomes reality, i shall share the tips i have learnt through the years by observing extroverts and socialites in their natural habitat. Hopefully this makes a little difference in a fellow awkward person’s life since we cant always avoid small talk. Without further adieu, i present to you, Awkward Girl’s Small talk survival guide for Introverts!
- Talk about the people you both know. Example; a mutual friend, a celebrity. ‘So how do you know insert name of friend?‘ ‘What do you think of that insert name of celebrity?‘ Go from there.
- Talk about the reason you are in the same place. Example; Grocery line, Doctor’s appointment. ‘ Phew, its so crowded at this insert name of grocery store today, huh? ‘ So how long have you been with this doctor?‘ Go from there.
- Talk about the weather.. yes, i know its cliche but to some extent, it works if you make an actual statement about the weather instead of saying ‘Some weather we’re having today, huh?‘ Instead, go with ‘ Hey, is it me or is it actually not as cold as yesterday today?‘ Go from there.
- Talk about any visible interests. Example; A dodgers shirt. ‘ I havent met a baseball fan in a while, what player’s your favorite?‘ Go from there.
- Observe the surroundings. Is anything on tv? is there music? is there something happening which catches everyone’s attention? ‘ Oh look, a trailer for the news insert movie/show name here! I really like it. Have you seen it yet?‘ ‘ How do u like the playlist?’ or ‘ I really love this insert artists name.‘
- Talk about , and by that i mean compliment, appearances. ‘Wow, you look different. Have you lost some weight?‘ ‘ I love your dress/shoes/jewelry. Where did you get it?‘
- If its someone you know, try to remember the last bit of news or any tidbits of interests you last heard of from or about them. ‘ Hey, how’s it going with that insert the thing you were doing/thinking of doing?‘ ‘ I heard youve been ill. What happened? How are you feeling now?’
- Compliment, compliment ,compliment.
- Congratulate/ Apologize for good/bad news. ‘ You got into law school? That’s great! Congratulations!‘ ‘ Oh im so sorry to hear about your friend’s accident.‘
- People love talking about themselves, so keep asking questions about them. Ask about their opinions about anything and everything and dont try to disagree unless of course, if you want to spend the next half hour talking to that same person. Just smile and nod while letting everything out from the other ear.
- If all else fails, gossip.
- When you feel as though you have almost taxed your reserves, take a ten minute bathroom break to refresh yourself and conserve some energy for the next half hour or make frequent trips to the kitchen to fetch more paper towels or help the host or check on the food etc.
- Pull through! Remember, you can do this.
- Reward yourself by spending the next few days healing in solitude after a day of massive socialization.
Lo and Behold…The sci-fi mani!
One of my favorite things in Seventeen’s August 2013 issue. Looks complicated, but its actually pretty easy. You just put on two coats of silver nail polish, outline the shape of the nail with a black nail art pen and apply a high shine top coat over it all to get that mirror-y metallic vibe.
1, Follow them around the house everywhere.
2, Moo when they say your name.
3, Say that doing laundry is against your religion.
4, Jump off the roof, trying to fly.
5, Hold their hand and whisper to them..” I see dead people.”
6, At everything they say, yell ‘Liar’.
7, Stand over them at four in the morning with a huge grin on your face and say,” good morning sunshine!!!”
-Anonymous evil genius.
Exactly how much of a bad idea is it to sleep two hours before you are supposed to wake up?
Its the catch that comes with enjoying a quiet winter all nighter. I have first hand experience. Youll be grouchy, nauseated, ready to punch anybody in the face that dares to engage in small talk with you and your eyes wouldve puffed up to twice their size… *shudders*
I never wish to go through that pain again, therefore i will be entertaining myself by drowning my stomach in coffee.. (no its actually chai.. chai works better), blasting music through my ears, mustering up the courage to go wash my face with ice cold water in freakin 50 dgrees and posting random stuff on my blog.
These pictures are from a fashion spread in a recent issue of Teen Vogue magazine. Loving the pastel hair trend. In fact, im taking a break from my usual red and browns and saving up to try this. About time i finally make a statement. I dont like the cropped bangs though.. wont suit my face. I think i’ll go with a little more length.
Now im getting tired of typing so here..look at the pretty pictures.
The most important thing i learnt in 2012 … Do something meaningful everyday.
What i lost in 2012 … Time i wasted on useless stuff.
What i gained in 2012 … A new found determination to achieve my goals.
What i hope to accomplish in 2013 … More things off my list >_<
Whats my resolution this year … Let there be no room for regrets
Happy 2013 ❤